Come join our fast growing nonprofit organization!
We offer life-changing marriage and family-life education programs and support services.
Our commitment is to help families and individuals build healthy relationships and strong families.
We have a special outreach to wounded/active military, law enforcement, first responder, and low income families.
We offer a friendly and casual office environment with committed long term staff.
Current Job Openings
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Dori McInnis at email@example.com
Please indicate which position you are applying for in your cover letter. Describe your experience/skill set match, why you are interested in working for a non-profit organization that supports marriage and family, and your salary expectations. Cover letter and resume must be included to be considered.
Qualifications required for all positions. Agreement and commitment to Stronger Families Values and Mission Statement(s).
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Stronger Families seeks a dynamic, dedicated, and proven Director of Development and Communications to be a key member of the organization’s Leadership Team. This person will play a key role in developing and executing a $1M annual fundraising plan and a strategic communications plan to increase local and national awareness of Stronger Families. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for overseeing all fundraising efforts including individual, corporate and foundation giving, and events. The ideal candidate is well-versed in donor-centered best practices and has the desire and experience to take an emerging organization and mission to its next level of growth. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position leads a small team of development staff and independent contractors.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- In collaboration with Executive Director and Leadership Team, drive the process of designing and implementing a diversified fund development strategy, budget, and complementing communications, fundraising activities, grants, appeals, events, and public awareness campaigns
- Develop policies and procedures for the development department which reflect ethical and donor-centered fundraising practices
- Manage the development team, Board of Directors, and volunteers to plan and coordinate these activities
- Identify and build relationships with prospective donors including individuals, corporations and foundations, and develop avenues for meaningful donor engagement
- Develop and maintain, with Executive Director, prospect and donor portfolios and produce reports and campaign updates
- Equip development team with tools and structure to support public awareness, donor cultivation, and fundraising efforts
- Work with contract grant writer to research and apply for grants and, once secured, track grant requirements and ensure compliance
- Assist in developing and implementing overall strategy for Stronger Families’ public awareness and presence, especially within the donor prospect community
- Develop content and leverage multiple communication mediums to complement relationship and development efforts
- Work closely with contract graphic designer and contract writers to produce compelling and effective communication and donor-centric collateral
Administration and Donor Gift Management (15%)
- Work with Development Coordinator and finance personnel to ensure highest integrity and care for donor database and provide timely gift acknowledgments
- Oversee stewardship and collection of outstanding pledges, recurring, and matching gifts
- Ideal candidate has a minimum 7-9 years experience in nonprofit fundraising including development communications
- Clear track record of success in cultivating, soliciting, and securing donor support such as annual fund, major donor, planned giving, events, and grants
- Proven background in project management and experience planning, managing and executing integrated communication and development plans
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage up with leadership and down with direct reports
- An excellent communicator and strong writer and able to share organization vision and messaging effectively
- Hard-working and enthusiastic team player with previous management experience and ability to inspire and motivate others to action
- Highly professional demeanor; able to represent Stronger Families effectively in all communication and handle confidential donor and partner information
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with Raiser’s Edge (database and NXT moves management) preferred, and ability to generate reports and analyze donor data
- Passion for the mission and goals of Stronger Families
- Experience with, or desire to understand the unique needs of Military, Veteran, and First Responder communities
- Demonstrated analytical and evaluation skills to effectively interpret and use information to support decision-making
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; CFRE preferred
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
WHAT WE OFFER:
Stronger Families is proud to offer a competitive salary, dependent upon qualifications and experience. Stronger Families also offers an excellent benefits package and numerous paid holidays off each year, remote work policy, as well as 100% employer paid medical, dental, cell phone reimbursement, individual professional development funds for conferences, trainings, etc.
JOB TITLE: Special Events Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: To assist Stronger Families Creative Director with events and help take them to the next level. Engage donors and the community by creating event experiences that draw our target donor, ultimately, creating new interest in the organization and attention to our mission.
STATUS: Hourly Part-time Employee; weekly hours vary based on events schedule. Average 10-15 hours per week. Weeks leading to event=more hours.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Creative Director
Chain of Command: Creative Director, Executive Director
WORKERS SUPERVISED: Events Volunteers
INTERRELATIONSHIPS: All of the SF Team
- Help to execute large- and small-scale donor cultivation events by creating thoughtful and unforgettable experiences that engage donors with SF mission and values
- Anticipate project needs and discern work priorities while meeting deadlines
- Team Player that manage relationships with donors, committees, and staff
- Oversee volunteers for all events
- Project manage all aspects of events including the procurement or Live and Raffle, in conjunction with the committee. Set up and Tear down of events. Check-In and Check-Out
- Attend weekly staff meetings. In office 9-12noon, 2 Mondays and 2 Thursdays a month.
- Help to maintain social media platforms and website for events including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as they pertain to events.
- Other responsibilities include (but not limited to): administrative tasks, travel coordination for guest speakers, invoicing, site visits, etc.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree; with 2-3 years event management preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-3 years of marketing, event management, and/or project management experience
- Strong experience with project management and keen eye for details
- Anticipate project needs and discern work priorities.
- Meet deadlines with little supervision
- Prepare event materials
- Coordinate meeting notes for internal and external planning and communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and ability to mail merge; experience in using Raiser’s Edge, GoogleDocs, and Dropbox experience a plus. Will provide training if necessary.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in person and by phone internally/externally, able to represent Stronger Families with a high level of professionalism and grace under pressure.
- Great proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments and accomplish tasks with little supervision.
- Marketing/Social Media skills.
- A passion for events, knack for being resourceful, and always trying to think outside of the box.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, is detail-oriented, driven and motivated, and has an eye for quality.
- Passionate about seeing lives changed and an enthusiasm that is contagious and apparent in the events you create.
- Create Events Binder
- Team with Creative Director to Set-up Event Branding Specs and Flow Chart
- Donor Relations
- Event Coordination and Project Management skill is key
Demonstrate proficiency in the areas of administration, communication, and customer service. Awareness of Stronger Families Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
JOB TITLE: Digital/Print Graphic Design Intern
JOB SUMMARY: Our non-profit organization is seeking a bold, creative intern to work closely alongside the Graphic Designer to assist in development of intuitive product branding and marketing design in both digital and print capacities.
STATUS: 10-15 hours per week
RESPONSIBLE TO: Graphic Designer and Executive Director
Digital + Print Communications:
- Assist Graphic Designer in the creation of graphics for both print and online instructional and content related materials.
- Work with Graphic Designer and Creative Director to conceptualize, design and develop print and digital marketing pieces for various events.
- Assist with creating graphics to support blended learning marketing in both print and online.
- Participate in upholding and maintaining corporate brand standards.
- Assist in creation of study guide layouts and online presentation of content to maximize engagement.
- Create and maintain image and content libraries.
EDUCATION: At least two years graphic design training.
SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Communications expertise: Must grasp basic concepts of visual and written communications including key message, audience and purpose, and brand personality. This individual must be able to convey ideas and concepts via strong visual communication design skills, have the ability to edit and clarify graphics created by others into a brand voice, and have confident presentation skills.
- Digital aptitude: Must understand the tenets of social networking and be confident in using digital tools for sharing digital imagery online.
- Print aptitude: Must possess some knowledge of the requirements for printing and publishing multiple page documents.
- Strategic thinking: Understand the concepts of Goals, Objectives, Strategies, and Tactics to develop graphic solutions that meet those concepts.
- Interpersonal communications: Must be able to forge relationships both face-to-face and digitally, and effectively collaborate and work with a variety of team members.
- Software knowledge: Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and photo editing, Microsoft Office. General knowledge of video editing software and project management software (i.e. Smartsheet) a plus but not required.
- Experience/Training: At least 2 years graphic design training with understanding of both print and digital formats. Samples of work must be available for review online or sent via email.
CULTURE FIT: Must be in agreement and support Stronger Families Mission and Value statements
OPPORTUNITY (What’s in it for you):
- Grow professionally and gain experience.
- Be part of a creative team that is developing materials that make a difference in the lives of families that serve our nation and communities — First Responders, Active Military and Veterans.
JOB TITLE: Shipping Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: The core mission of the SF Event Assistant is to help SF build healthy relationships and stronger families within our military, veteran, and first responder community. Shipping Coordinators accomplish their portion of this goal by assisting OXYGEN Event Coordinators with day-to-day logistics. This is focused on packing and shipping event materials, organizing the shipping area, and accomplishing other tasks as needed.
STATUS: Non-Exempt: 8-12 hours per week
- RESPONSIBLE TO: Event Coordinator(s) and/or Lead Event Coordinator
- CHAIN OF COMMAND: Event Coordinator(s), Operations Director, Executive Director
- WORKERS SUPERVISED: None
- INTERRELATIONSHIPS: Training Team, Creative Team
- Packing & Shipping: You will likely ship 10-50 boxes per week, and these boxes will contain various contents determined by the type/size of the individual event. Attention to detail is required, as well as the ability to lift boxes up to 45 pounds.
- Data Inputting: We track info on every event we execute, and you will need to document your work and other information that comes in regarding the events you assist with.
- Utilization of Computer Programs, such as SmartSheet, Infusion Soft, Eventbrite, Slack, etc.: We use a variety of online computer programs to organize our events. You may be asked to utilize these programs and to do so with little/no assistance.
- Project Completion: Various tasks will be delegated to you, and you will be expected to complete the tasks with little supervision and little verification.
- Culture fit: Must be in agreement and support Stronger Families Mission and Value statements.
- Attitude & Teachability: You will be required to maintain a positive, teachable attitude as you assist with event execution. You will be expected to remain flexible and to accomplish a variety of tasks pertaining to the needs of the organization.
- Education: Requires minimum high school/GED or equivalent
- Training and experience:
- Driven, motivated, able to communicate clearly both in conversation and in writing
- Technology: Comfortable utilizing basic computer programs
- Organized: Must be able to keep details & progress organized
JOB TITLE: Creative Assistant – Intern (20 hours)
SUMMARY: Our fast-growing company is seeking a passionate intern to be the Creative Assistant for Stronger Families. The Creative Assistant will work closely with the Creative Director to learn how to create content, capture video and photography, scale social media following, and grow your personal skills and knowledge. The Creative Assistant will create and deliver strategic digital solutions that help grow traffic and maximize conversions and engagement. If you’re interested in making a difference in the world, and have metrics-driven marketing talents, we’d love for you to be part of our groundbreaking team.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Creative Director & Executive Director
- Create, plan and execute on engagement strategies and product marketing for Stronger Families.
- Create, post and manage content across Stronger Families social media platforms that aligns with company objectives and brand voice
- Assist with photo and video production
- Pitch creative ideas
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE:
- Have knowledge of Premier Pro and Photoshop
- Creative thinker and self-motivated
- Experience in social media
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative writing skills
- Self-starter and enjoy simultaneously managing multiple projects
- Follow direction, but also be willing to get work done independently
- Dependable, reliable and punctual
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a plus
OPPORTUNITY (What’s In It For You)
- Work with highly sought-after cinematographer and creative genius
- Hone your skills as a photographer, videographer, and creative director
- Possible employment opportunity with Stronger Families
- Make an impact on families that serve our nation, namely Military and Veterans
- Be part of a creative team that thinks outside of the box
WHO IS STRONGER FAMILIES:
We are on a mission to bring life changing skills to military, veteran, and first responder families in 34 states and 5 countries worldwide.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Stronger Families believes that every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is Stronger Families policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate and make all other employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Stronger Families Mission
Our mission is to bring life changing skills to marriages and families so they can be strong and thrive.
Stronger Families Vision
Our vision is for healthy marriages and stronger families in every community.
Connect With Us!
Mailing Address: PO Box 40584 Bellevue, WA 98015